Chemical Resistance :
PEFE is chemically inert to all chemicals and solvents with the exception of molten alkali metals and strong Fluorine donors. We use PTFE Liners made from fine virgin PTFE Powder (not any recycled material) to produce with the ultimate chemical and physical properties. PTFE lined pipe work can be used with aggressive media such as HCI, (Various Conc.), HNO, Hot NaOH solutions, all chlorides-Organic & in organic, all phenols, all sulphates etc.
Temperature Resistance :
- PTFE has good Flexibility and ductility in the temperature range of -50 to 235 deg C. It should be noted that PTFE can used at higher temperature (above 200 deg C.) and at lower temperature below (-10 deg C.) under certain conditions.
- PTFE lined pipe work can be used up to 20 bar/ 300 psi .g.
- Full vacuum resistance depending upon the Process Conditions. Details to be provided by Client for Specific Applications.
Resistance to Light and Atmospheric Conditions :
PTFE may be used without any problem in open air and there are no mechanical and electrical characteristics ,even then subject to extreme climatic conditions.
Electrical Properties :
PTFE has good electrical insulation with a very low dielectric constant.
- Dimensional Check: As per Catalogue.
- Hydro Test :All 150 class pipes & fittings shall be tested at 35 bar after lining and 46.5 bar for 300 class pipes and fittings.
- Electrostatic Test : A test voltage of 15 KV to 25 KV depending upon liner thickness.
- Pipe spools and Fittings should not be stored in open area
- Keep away from all sources of corrosive vapor / flame / heat during storage.
- Keep flare cover till pipes / fittings are installed to avoid damage and deformation of the flare faces. Flanges covers should be put back immediately, on any sections removed for inspection or for maintenance from the systems.